Flagler College


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » St Augustine
January 15th 2010
Published: January 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

the Beach


“There is no moment of delight in any pilgrimage like the beginning of it.” - Charles Dudley Warner





January 15, 2010, Friday We left Anastasia and drove to Tomoka SP. We continued our experiment with FL State Parks. It is like going from the “sublime to the ridiculous”; Tomoka appears to be on the coast (from the map), however it is not. The address is on N. Beach Rd, Ormond Beach?? It is a popular SP for fishermen and boaters, located on the Halifax River. It is a bit remote and small, with very little hiking, walking trails, and not in biking distance to anything of interest. So we are here for two nights.
We walked to the camp store/boat put-in, then continued on the trail out to The Indian Tribe Monument, the “Tomokie”. It is one weird structure?! The image of the Indian is not politically acceptable for today, but it was the 1950’s?!

January 16, 2010, Saturday, day two at Tomoka SP. The temps got up to 70 degrees, however it is rainy. After some shopping, we found a fish market/kitchen and had a fresh fish lunch…yum!
A movie on a rainy day seems like a good idea, “Avatar” was our choice. The special effects were amazing but the plot was quite predictable. It was just an organization-rainy day.



Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



28th January 2010

great pics
Looks like some fun travels!

Tot: 0.729s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 36; qc: 189; dbt: 0.3414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb