St. Augustine - North Beach


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » St Augustine
December 6th 2006
Published: December 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The North Beach RV Park on a barrier island near St. Augustine, Florida is awesome. http://www.northbeachcamp.com/index.html. Situated between the Inner Coastal Waterway (North River to the west) and the Atlantic Ocean (to the east), north beach has the benefit of offering both sunrise and sunsets. Each campsite is very private, uniquely surrounded by palms and with a branching canopy of live oaks and other neat trees. Being at these sites is like being under a big grape arbor - very cool. Really like this spot, it’s kind of funky compared to some of the fancier parks, very comfortable, natural. A nice restaurant - The Reef - is nearby. We had a great seafood dinner overlooking the Atlantic with a nearly full moon right outside the window. This morning we walked, first along the beach; then crossed the island and walked along the river. Nifty spot for a casual “explore.” We barely saw a soul except for a couple aboard a huge yacht who were trying to retrieve their anchor from the bottom of the river where it must have gotten tangled into something. There was nothing we could do as she tugged in the bow and he rocked from forward to reverse and back again but applaud the “team work” when they finally got the anchor up. We sleuthed out a great place for dinner - Capt’s on the River with a river sunset view.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



7th December 2006

Looks like fun!
Hi mom and dad, Looks like a great spot. Keep enjoying those sandy beaches and warm days. It's snowing here! Love Beth

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb