Last Days at Perdido Key, Florida


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Perdido Key
September 7th 2013
Published: September 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Our last 2 days on the island...sad that our sandy summer gig is coming to an end, but at 90 degrees and about 85% humidity, I am actually looking forward to fall for the FIRST TIME EVER!! I have enjoyed it so much here...we've just about checked everything off the "to do" list for the Pensacola area. We've been to the Naval Air Station Pensacola, twice, and climbed to the top of the lighthouse there (in constant use since I think 1924). We've checked out many of the bars and restaurants, nature trails, and of course, the BEACH 😊 We even met a couple at a beer fest (the First Annual Top of the Hops Beer Fest in Orange Beach, AL) and have had dinner with them a couple of times since...it's so amazing the number of really nice folks you meet out on the road!!

We have had really great "jobs" here at Perdido Cove RV Resort & Marina...Glenn has kept the lawnmower going nearly non-stop and I was busy in the office getting folks reservations and checked-in upon arrival. The couple managing the resort couldn't have been nicer to us, and we hope to be back in the future.

We're off to North Carolina on Monday to visit the kids for a week. Then on to Kentucky to work at an Amazon.com distribution center until Christmas.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb