Perdido Key, FL


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Perdido Key
January 10th 2023
Published: January 13th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Marianna FL – Perdido Key FL

Perdido Key Marina & RV Resort



Days 16



We took the scenic route from Marianna to Perdido Key. The direct route would have been to take Interstate 10, but Mark & Karen suggested taking Route 231 to Route 98. This route was about an hour longer than taking I10 but much nicer. Route 231 is a nice rolling highway, Route 98, was your typical main roadway through multiple shore towns. I think it was worth the extra hour of travel.



Perdido Key Marina & RV Resort is a small resort, with 56 RV sites, and 24 slips. Many people come back year after year. Fellow loopers Jim and Norma, are staying here in a slip. Jim has also taken a job as their Activities Directory. We were very disappointed to find out, that Monday’s are his day off and there were no activities planned. But it did allow us to all go out to dinner together.



While it was a short visit, it was fun to talk about Jim and Norma’s time on the Great Loop. Jim and Norma have not complete their loop, they still need to travel from Perdido Key to Rivera Dunes, and sometime in the future they plan to.



We did not get to check out much of the resort, but it is very well kept, with decent size sites. Several of the sites backup to the water, but we opted for a pull through site to make life easier. (We did not want to drop the Jeep from the RV) If we were to come back, I would probably get a waterfront site. One of the best parts of Perdido Key was watching the sunset over the water as we ate dinner..



Our next stop is also a one night stop on our way to Dutton Alabama.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



13th January 2023

On the road again.
Great to see you guys at the Keswick if you weeks ago. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about your travels. Bob
14th January 2023

florida
we lived right off of 98 .

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb