Siluria Brewing Company - Harvest Host


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alabama » Alabaster
January 10th 2023
Published: January 14th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Perdido Key FL – Alabaster, AL

Siluria Brewing Company – Harvest Host



Day 18



On the road again! Sometimes these one and done’s get old fast. Leaving Perdido Key, we are making our way to Nick & Ginger’s house in Dutton AL, it is farther than we like to travel in one day, so we are stopped at a Harvest Host on our way. Harvest Host are a great place to stop for a night.



Siluria Brewing Company was no different. They had a large gravel parking lot that was very easy to pull into. As we pulled into the lot, Cam (our host and bartender) came out to direct us where to park. We were the first two of 4 RV’s for coming for the night. We were parked 75 feet from a very active train track. Some people would find that to be a negative, but I enjoy the sounds of the trains going past.



Once we were settled in we walked to a local shopping center, there was not much there; one store labeled as a “Dollar Store” but was more of a junk store, a thrift store, and a barber shop. I had been looking to get a haircut, and was checking out the empty barber shop, when a gentleman stepped out of the car and said I should stop in. I am pretty sure, I was one of very few Caucasians if any that this guy ever did a flat top hair cut on, but he did a good job. He did spend more time trimming and cleaning up my beard than on my hair.



When the brewery opened, the four of us headed up. The brewery does not serve food, but we were happy to hear that a food truck was coming in for the night. Both the drinks and the food were outstanding. We did not stay long, as they were having a trivia night starting at 7pm, and we did not think we could keep up with the younger, regular crowd.



Wednesday morning it was quick and easy to break down and head out. With the harvest host sites, we have no power, water or sewer hookup to break down. We did have a couple of stops planned for the quick run to Dutton Alabama.

Advertisement



14th January 2023

alabama
where is Dutton Alabama? on 231?
15th January 2023

Where...
Dutton, is about an hour East of Huntsville, on the Tennesee River

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb