Friendly Suspicion


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Pensacola
July 8th 2011
Published: July 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

I am suspicious of friendly people at the hotel. Here's why:

As a front desk agent, I'm on the receiving end of large monetary transactions. It is not uncommon, especially in summer, to see bills upwards of $4000-$5000 for a family to vacation with us. Thus, guests very naturally are not exactly chipper about handing over their credit card(s).

Also, traveling isn't easy! You're either driving 6 hours, or you're hopping from plane to plane hoping your bags are doing the same, or you're the crazy few who bike from one city to another. When you check in, you're exhausted, hungry, thirsty, and usually pretty stinky.

We often catch you in lies. When our rates are based on double occupancy, and you put "2-Adults" in the reservation but I see five people in the lobby with you checking in, all of a sudden your rate jumps up and you're not happy. When our policy is "No Smoking," and we smell smoke in the hallway outside of your room and charge you multiple hundreds of dollars, you're not happy. The list goes on.

So when you walk up to the front desk to check-in and you're all smiles, I am suspicious of you. Have you seen the rates you're paying yet? Having you been hanging out at the local bars already (it's only 11:30am!)? Are you high? When you pass the front desk throughout your stay and wave and say hello...why!? You're torturing me! Are you fake? Are you joking?

If, somehow, you can prove that you're a genuine, down to earth person, you have made every front desk agent's day. It's like a weight has been lifted off our shoulders. And guess what? We'll often return the favor! Discounts? Sure. Coupons? Sure. You have four people in the room? Eh, shhhh - we only saw two!

COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb