Conquered Universal Orlando


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
June 11th 2011
Published: June 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 28.5377, -81.3774

We were up bright and early so we could catch the 7:00 am boat to Islands of Adventure. Our goal was to be among the first let into the park so we could take advantage of the extra hour inside the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Islands of Adventure.

We were not the first people in line but were there plenty early. At around 7:45 they let us into the park to wait before sending us on our way. Regan an Kelsie went quickly ahead of us so that they could save us a place in line for Olivanders. It was Regan's goal to be selected to receive a wand. It didn't happen but she enjoyed the show and ended up getting a wand anyway.

Then we rode The Forbidden Journey of Harry Potter (we meaning Regan, Kelsie and I). Nikki said it was too early to ride. We did find out afterward that she thought we were going on the Dueling Dragon roller coaster not the new Harry Potter ride.

We walked around Hogsmeade for a while, got butterbeer, Regan and I rode Dueling Dragons (for real this time) and then we all headed out of Islands of Adventure to go to Universal Orlando.

Our next goal was to ride Rip Ride RockIt before the lines go too long. This and Harry Potter are the two attractions we cant use our Express Pass benefit on so we wanted to get them out of the way before it got busy.

We scored here too. Only a 10 minute wait. The girls really liked it and Nikki enjoyed her nap while she waited for us.

We spent the next few hours at Universal eating breakfast and riding rides. We did Jaws, Men In Black, Disaster, Curse of the Mummy and Kelsie got her way and we rode ET.

Then it was back over to Islands of Adventure. We grabbed some lunch at the Comic Strip Cafe and then the girls and I rode Dudley Do Right's Rip Saw Falls. Since we were already wet we rode Jurassic Park. Then, we continued around the Park. Forbidden Journey (this time with Nik) and it was only a 45 minute wait and the queue is amazing so it went by quickly), Cat in the Hat, and then tried to ride the Hulk. It was down and so we decided to head back to the hotel for a break before returning to the parks.

The girls and Nik got a quick nap in and then we headed back over to Islands of Adventure for Dinner and to ride the Hulk. The Hulk was a short wait and it turned out to be Kelsie's favorite ride of the day, this was her first time riding it.

We had dinner at the Three Broomsticks in Hogsmeade. We opted for the Family Feast which was ribs, corn on the cob, chicken, veggies and potatoes and a salad all served family style. It was good way to end our day.

We went back to the room so the girls could shower and then we all hit the hay around 9:30 after a busy day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.226s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb