Did not get to mount Dora...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
December 31st 2010
Published: January 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Spectacular weather today and what better way to enjoy it than returning to the infamous Florida Mall...what a difference...all that was missing was a haunting wind stirring up the sand and pushing tumbleweed gently across the street. Not quite but compared to other occasions this was just like walking around a mall at home...painful still but no crowds. Finding a car park was so easy we actually tried out several to see which suited the Chrysler best.

Plan had been to head up Mt Dora, some quaint little town an hour or so north (had directions down pat for this venture), but this plan was torn asunder when littlest tourist got up at 9am and then we noticed her absent at 9.30am only to find she had gone back to bed and despite plenty of noise around was fast asleep...she eventually resurfaced shortly before midday but by that stage to late to head up to Mt Dora. So instead....Florida Mall. Uneventful and mundane, so mundane Reubs got his hair cut. Another visit to the M&M store...very cutesy for the kids (and mum bought souvenirs!).

Back at the apartment now at 7pm and settling in for a very low key New Years Eve.



Advertisement



1st January 2011

Happy New Year Family
Well here we are another decade gone- where did that go to?? We welcomed it in quietly after a scorcher of a day in the 30's. You obviously had a quiet one.The kids have done well haven' they?. Darn shame that you had to to the shops again Sandy!!!! You must be feeling very chilled after all the retail "therapy".Shame you haven't got a shopping buddy with you who would really appreciate and get excited about how many bargains you have purchased and the savings made on the clothing and footwear budget in the process!!!! We are going into Melbourne tomorrow and will stay there now until we leave early Thursday morning.We have had a nice time here-a lovely spot.Birdlife and bush is amazing. Well no news really just wanted to wish you 4 a very "Happy New Year" with health and happiness thrown in!! Loads of love to you all .
1st January 2011

Sleepy girl!!!!!
Firstly - HAPPY NEW YEAR to you each. Clearly the frenetic pace of travel and all the excitement of new experiences has caught up on Caitlin - anyway it still sounds as if you took the chance to have a slightly 'quieter' day even if it was in a shopping mall. Mum has added a comment so no doubt updated you on events here. Had a good NYE with the team here last evening. Caught the end of the Sydney H/bridge fireworks display - looks spectascular as always. We are heading in to Stefan's apartment tomorrow (Sunday) for a few days so not certain if he has wi-fi there so may be 'offline' until we get home on Thursday. Anyway continue enjoying your trip. Loadsaluv to all.
1st January 2011

Happy New Year
just to say a very happy new year to you all! As for the little camper - she obviously needed more sleep! A princess needs her beauty sleep! Hope they didn't give Reuben a buzz cut! Happy new year to you all! Karen, Damian and Sprat!!
1st January 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all ! Hope you had a quiet one. I wish Mia and Max were like sleepy Caitlin .... just once ! I was on nights and it was BUSY !!! Sounds like you are still having lots of fun adventures, very envious ! Take Care of yourselves X
1st January 2011

SO WHERE ARE THE PHOTO's
of the new hair cut and the mall!!!! and more important the purchases - come on some of us like looking at photos of malls and shops and purchases - please post some tomorrow!!!!
1st January 2011

New Year
Best wishes for the new year. Today went to Zahra's first birthday party- she loved ripping open her parcels - we gave her a small couch. It is was a happy occasion. The kids were tired by the time the show was over. Daniel had taken his pillow and fallen asleep on the flour. Zahra was in bed around 6.30 pm.
1st January 2011

Photo's of the mall
Michelle - will take some mall shots for you next time we are there. No shopping today we are off to the kennedy space centre.

Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0682s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb