Where to 'meet' all of Orlando...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
December 18th 2010
Published: December 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Woke up to a rainy, misty day. View from the back verandah across the lake and into the woods was quite eerie, with the air plants hanging off the trees and a shifting mist across the water surface. Rained a little early in the morning but stayed warm and humid.

Slow start as all the travel and activity to date has taken just a little bit of a toll on the young'uns and they needed a bit of an easy day. So for an easy day in Orlando, on a wet Saturday, the last weekend before Christmas what could be more relaxing than going to Orlandos premier shopping mall - the renowned Florida Mall! And it is an impressive and very nice mall, all three quarters of a million there agreed! Best words to describe it? Heaving, manic, crowded...but actually it wasn't that bad. No really...

The M&M store was a bit of a hit and was neat for the kids. Hard to believe you can make a department store out of a confectionary product but with the exception of home furnishings they have...you can get M&M toys, M&M clothing, M&M foodstuffs...they even sold M&M toiletries...a little ironic that they were tooth brushes...actually home furnishings could have been there with bed throws and towels. Still a good distraction for the kids although they both got into clothes shopping at J C Penney also (Reubs' with Star Wars, Fineas & Ferb and Ninja sweatshirts, Caitlin with next years school disco dress)

Traffic was very heavy but the drivers here are extremely polite and very accomodating...not one 'special wave' all day.

Great thing about the apartment is being able to do our own meals so it has been great having home(ish) cooked food and not having to tip anyone.

Now planning tomorrow and if goes according to plan should be a more entertaining day for the junior troops.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



19th December 2010

hello
Hello Beals happy holidays! Sounds like a great day at the mall.hopefully the kids didn't try too many M&Ms. I guess you will be praying for more misty days so you can check out all the shops in Orlando...NOT! It is a crappy day in Ak with rain since Saturday morning. Just going to put up our Xmas tree. Better late than never. Hope this finds you all OK and enjoying holidays. Wish we were there .. The Swampies. hope you're getting our emails through the blog page?
19th December 2010

Your day looks a bit like ours but not as wet!!! Great eerie views. Just thinking today that Reuben and Caitlin have probably forgotten about Christmas with all the exciting things they have seen and done. Michael you are doing so well with the shopping>>> Go on admit it you are loving it really. Sandy , bonus.. all those shops and what else could you do on a day like that? Look forward to tomorrow's update. Take care....ENJOY!!!!
19th December 2010

Orlando
You will have enjoyed a 'quieter' day - although not sure that a shopping mall qualifies! All good here although STILL raining. View (before) your rain looks spectacular so make the most of your visit. You have had a pretty hectic 1st few days and still loads to come. Enjoying the daily updates. Loads of luv to you all. Givre the kids a big hug. Dad / Poppa

Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.094s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb