Duck Parade


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
September 11th 2010
Published: September 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Not too much to update about, but one cool thing we did was to go to the Peabody hotel, at either 11am, or 5pm to see the ducks. We went at 5pm, basically its a tradition in all Peabody hotels that there are some ducks, myabe about 6 that live in a suite onto of the hotel, then at 11am they get in a lift (reserved for ducks, and the duckmaster) and then parade down a red carpet to a fountain in the reception, where they then stay until 5pm when they parade back up, its really cute and worth seeing)
Today we checked out millenia mall, which was very nice, had shops like Jimmy Choo etc, not that we could afford that! Then Alex and I went to Universal, which was fine at first but then the God Squads descended upon us! There was a Christian music gig thing going on, which meant almost every person had a christian tshirt with some religous shpiel on it, my favourtie was a facebook one... 'Faithbook, friend request from Jesus' how witty... So this meant that apart from being a bit scared of all these bible bashers that the que times went from our normal 5/10 mins to 125 mins! No thanks, so we got out of there quickly!
We then went to check out in door sky diving, which pops is going to do, there was a bit you could just watch people, so we did, it looks pretty fun, but its going to have to be a strong wind to push him up!
We are heading to Gainsville tomorrow, not sure of the plans for when we are there, but we also have crazy golf, a dinner show and alex wants various food eateries, we already ticked off his desire for a rack of ribs tonight! I will stick with steak thanks.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb