Disney: The Happiest Place on Earth


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
April 8th 2008
Published: April 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today was the day we had been waiting for: Magic Kingdom & matching shirts day!! Yay! Earlier in our Disney experience I decided it would be fun to buy & wear matching Disney shirts around one of the parks. After getting dressed in my shirt I walked into the kitchen, and what did I see?! Glenn was not wearing his shirt! Heaven to Betsy!! I informed him of his mistake and he hung his head. He began the change willingly, but once the Disney shirt was over his head his cooperation waned. He needed some help. I assisted by pulling one arm through the first hole and yanking the next through the other. All better. We were ready to return to the “Happiest Place on Earth.”

We wanted to get there early in order to avoid all of the lines—we waited more to get into the damn park than at most of the rides. There was a line of cars waiting to park, a line to ride the trolley to the gate entrance, and a line for the ferry and monorail to finally get to the park entrance. All of which were not met with the most sportsmanlike behavior. The trolley line for instance was more like a roller derby. The game begins when you get out of your car in the parking lot: rush to the yellow posts, stand at the ready, elbows out, wait for the trolley…and the trolley pulls up, ready, set, run! Well, we lost the first round of derby trolley; our gate opened to a gap in the trolley carts. So, we upped our game for the next round. Three of our five got on safely. Majority rules, so the family that pushed Glenn and Dad out of the way was forced to make room for them on the edge of the seat. Oh, boy, this is the happiest place on earth—you can see it on everyone’s face!

We ended up getting there around the same time that we normally do—11am.

Today we decided that Makena had absolutely no say in what rides she went on or didn’t. We were not going to waste anymore time playing the do you or don’t you game. On this our fourth day of Disney we had the FastPass system down pat, and lines didn’t seem that bad. Our time came to ride
Splash MountainSplash MountainSplash Mountain

Guess who got wet?!
Space Mountain (a roller coaster in the dark). Mom wasn’t screaming or scared this time. However, she was making just as much noise… laughing. I have come a long way from crying all the way through the ride to laughing with my mother the whole way through. Dad got in on the action by tickling Makena on the ride—she threatened to jump out and kill him right then & there. I don’t think she laughed the whole way.

Splash Mountain: Getting on the ride, I happened to get shuffled to the front—the front row of the log. I quickly caught on and scrambled back to be with Glenn. Instead of letting Makena ride the front row by herself, Mom volunteered to join her. Big mistake. With all the rain the first three days of the trip, none of us were too eager to get soaked again. However, only Dad & Glenn were prepared on this occasion. After a few minor slopes and dips Dad, Glenn & I geared up for the big one. With the hood of Dad’s raincoat cinched, eliminating any chance of getting wet, Dad was ready to enjoy the ride. The rest of us were
"Dry is not an option""Dry is not an option""Dry is not an option"

Front row of Disney's Splash Mountain...too bad, so sad.
still in questionable condition—as the photo reflects.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Last LookLast Look
Last Look

Last picture of the happiest place on earth before we leave.


28th April 2008

what actully happened
I said that if dad tuoched me Iwould kill him.Mom diddn't exactlly volunteer I actully had to pull her to the front and Idid not let go untill we were on our way.

Tot: 0.295s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.209s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb