1 Day to Go


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
October 19th 2007
Published: October 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to our travel Blog. Renee and I are leaving the US tomorrow night with our friends Bill and Faye for two weeks. We're celebrating our 25th Anniversary - about a month early and Bill and Faye agreed to come with us. Tomorrow night (Friday) we head for Barcelona, Spain via Madrid. On Monday we sail aboard the Celebrity Century from Barcelona for 11 Nights traveling the Mediteranean. This seems like a great way to keep everyone up to date on our trip and sure beats postcards. We'll post an update each day we have internet access. I've been reading postings from our fellow cruisers all day on the Cruise Critic Website Forum (a great place to subscribe if you are taking a cruise). Since it was 91 degrees today here in Orlando, I laughed at the postings from cruisers in Vail and Seattle and Norway, all of which had snow today!

We got one piece of bad news today. Continued unrest in Morroco has caused Celebrity to cancel our planned stops in Tangier and Casablanca. Instead we'll be stopping in Malaga, Spain (supposed to be pretty but that will be our 4th City in Spain) and Gibraltar (a big rock with some monkeys on top). Besides tours of the Rock, Gibraltar is a great place to buy duty free liquor and perfume and not much else.

Well, it's only 7:30 pm and I'm already leaving the office to go home and pack. I didn't want to leave it to the last minute!

I'll post again from Europe. Hope you enjoy virtually travelling with us!

Larry and Renee

Advertisement



Tot: 0.237s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb