Kissimmee/Orlando/St Petersburg


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
September 17th 2007
Published: September 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday 13.9: 4 hour drive up to Kathryn's place in Kissimmee - quiet evening.

Thursday 14.9: Did the "tourist thing" and spent most of the day sightseeing on International Drive in Orlando; Kathryn was very busy with work! I spent late afternoon on the golf driving range at the back of Kathryn's home. ' Still can't get used to going outdoors and feel as though I'm walking into an oven - temperatures up in the 90s F. and very humid.

Friday 15.9:
'Dove up to Wakiwa Springs (a national reserve north of Orlando) and went down the Wakiwa River in a kayak with Kathryn - the water was so clear we could see the fish, turtles, otters and lots of other wildlife; we were told there were many allegators there but we did not come across them (much to Kathryn's relief!).

Later that evening went with Kathryn and some of her friends to the "Blue Martini" bar in Orlando - an experience! Packed, also some celebreties (unknown to me!) there, amazing range of martinis and cocktails - a late night...

Saturday 16.9: Lazy morning .... recovering! 'Invited to Peggy's, one of Kathryn's work colleagues, for lunch; a
Wekiva River Wekiva River Wekiva River

This is hard work and we are not in the water yet!!!
beautiful house in the same neighbourhood of Tiger Woods and Shaquille O'Neill. Other colleagues and their spouses were also there. A delicious range of food and great company. 'Gave Kathryn a golf lesson on the range and on the putting green; she's so lucky to be living on a golf course.

Sunday 17.9: An early start as we met up with some of Kathryn's friends to drive to St Petersburg (on the west coast) and spend the day on the south beach there. Temperatures topped 98'F but the sea breeze kept us cool. Picked up food/drink on the way for a picnic. More of Kathryn's friends met us at South Beach to make our party now 10 in number. Fabulous beach with white sand with scenic background - sunblock was the order of the day because of the sun - a real fun day! However an exhausting drive back through a spectacular lightening storm and torrential rain.

Monday 18.9
'Sorted out a hire car to drive to Miami tomorrow and did some shopping for S. America. Everywhere is so far apart here it is a long drive from one place to the next - "round the corner" here means at least 20 minutes drive away! Repacked ready for the trip to Brazil tomorrow. 'will leave about noon tomorrow as my flight is 7:15 pm.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Kathryn's friend playing on the beachKathryn's friend playing on the beach
Kathryn's friend playing on the beach

Maybe she should stick to her day job. :-)
Golf in KissimmeeGolf in Kissimmee
Golf in Kissimmee

Not quite Tiger Woods :-)


Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb