On the Road Again


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
July 12th 2023
Published: July 18th 2023
Edit Blog Post

July 12, 2023 – On the Road Again

It’s 6 am Kirsten has finished her shower and is dressed. I’m still rolling over in bed.

Let’s go sleepy head, Mandy will be here in 1 ½ hour and I’m going on vacation with or without you.

Ok, Ok, I’m up.....

I’m in and out of the shower and dressed, Kirsten has me a cup of coffee sitting on the counter.

We’re all packed, and our suitcases are sitting by the door. It’s 7:30 am now and Mandy just texted Kirsten that she is downstairs ready.

Ok, let’s go!! We grab our suitcases and out the door we go.

Next stop is terminal C at Orlando International airport. Yeah, the new addition to the airport. Easy drop off and pickup. And yes, the traffic on I-4 was ugly even at 8 am.

Mandy drops us off, thank you Mandy for the ride.

Ok, this vacation ...Caroline and Bea will be joining us in Germany.

So, this trip we’re going to be hitting all the tourist stops and giving Caroline a European Vacation, you know like the Griswold family.

Ok, back to catching our flight. We’re flying from Orlando to New York and then onto Frankfurt Germany.

Yes, we’re doing the whole buddy pass shuffle but with a twist, way too difficult to explain the details but getting upgraded will be much easier.

We’re on the flight to New York and were having our breakfast of champions, you guessed it a Bloody Mary and some salty chips. Yes, we got upgraded into Premium Comfort on this flight and the Frankfurt flight is looking even better.

We land in New York, have you seen JFK’s new terminal. It’s impressive!

Three hours before our next flight and there is a micro brewery across from our gate, can it get any better than this. Yes, it can we just got upgraded into First Class. Somebody is watching over us.

We’re on board and the wine is flowing, we both ordered the Rioja, Kirsten had the chicken dinner and I choose the pasta dish.

Our meals were delicious however, the first 3 hours of the flight was bumpy as a dirt road through an orange grove.

The pilot climbed higher, and the flight finally smoothed out.

Well, it’s time to get some sleep because Kirsten will be itching to get on the road once we land.

Good Night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb