Florida 2014: Hollywood Studios, and more Animal/Magic Kingdoms


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando » Disney World
September 14th 2014
Published: September 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The next morning we were able to sleep in and decided to drive to the studios rather than take the buses again. Our first fast pass was at Star Tours. I wondered if the boys would like this as each of them had found things that surprised me to scare them (Pirate makeover, disney characters, tiki birds). With Emry's head barely scraping the height restriction, we all enjoyed the ride! Then we came out and decided to take them to Muppets 3D, something our whole family used to love. G really does not like shows until about halfway through, then he either loves them or hates them. Fortunately, he loved this one.

When we came out, it was pouring, pouring rain. The whole exit ramp was packed with people and when it seemed like we would be there for a while, we decided to just go for it. So, Dad ran to get the strollers while Mom took G to the bathroom. We were not quite sure where to go until our next fast pass when we settled on the Great Movie Ride. We stopped and got giant pretzels and enjoyed them outside while the rain slowed down to a splattering. However, we saw and felt and heard the biggest loudest most frightening lightning followed by thunder I have ever, ever heard! It was amazing! (And scary!) Just the one and then nothing. So, we headed to the Great Movie Ride, which was only ok and apparently scared G about riding into a bad neighborhood for the rest of the trip ("Are we going to a bad neighborhood?").

Next was Fast Pass Time. First was the Toy Story ride, similar to the Buzz Lightyear ride where you shoot at targets against each other - of course we all loved it, but could not do it again as the line was out the door. Then was the live action Little Mermaid show, which I remember having liked as a kid, but it was pretty bad.... We decided then it was time to leave. So we drove back to the camper, where we then headed to the Trading Post to get some supplies, like milk and popcorn and tiny little fans. That evening, I took the boys to the lake so we could build sand-castles. It was a fairly early evening for Mom and the boys, while Dad and I went back to the tavern for drinks and to chat, and watched the fireworks from the deck. It was weird not to be able to talk much to my parents this whole trip, so I liked these few minutes we had (until the exhaustion kicked in).

The next morning, we had a fast pass at 9:15 on the Kali River Rapids at the Animal Kingdom. We all thought Mom was nuts for booking so early, when it's cool. Well there was no line, so we got to ride on it FOUR times! The boys absolutely loved that ride! And I had so much fun watching them enjoy it. We had put them in their swimsuits so they were free to get as wet as they wanted. While waiting for the next fast pass, we took the "train" to the conservation area, which was actually pretty cool. It takes you behind the scenes at the park and shows you where they keep the animals at night or if they need a rest. Then there is like a kids petting zoo. We saw Chip and Dale, who Emry loves, but the characters at Disney are no fun anymore. Apparently you either have to wait like an hour to meet them in line or you have to attend expensive luncheons or something. Too sad and really quite stupid.

Then we went on the safari again - it was fun of course, and it is neat to see how the animals move or stay the same. We saw some animals we didn't see the first time, and didn't see some this time (like the lion). Then we stopped at a restaurant for some fries and beer. yes, beer. Mom, Dad and I felt we deserved one. So we each had a bud light, then ordered two African beers and split them between us - they were very good! There was a live African dance going on nearby and soon the boys got up to dance. We probably sat there for about an hour and enjoyed ourselves. We had done a lot so far that day and it was not even close to over! It was now time for our last ride: Dinosaur! It was very jerky - I think too much for the boys - and actually a little scary. I realized where the big scary dinosaur was coming and leaned over to
Kali River Rapids rideKali River Rapids rideKali River Rapids ride

before we got drenched four times!!!
shield Emry but we got a picture and it was priceless - he looks humbled and terrified, but fortunately, it did not affect him too much. There is just so much to do here, that the kids can easily get distracted.

So we bought them these cool looking dinosaur bubble makers, which they both really wanted instead of the rubber dinosaurs. The bloody things broke in 15 minutes. Like, i'm seriously not kidding. $17.99 for a piece of junk. Dude, charge me $19.99 and spend that extra 2 bucks for a little more quality. Ridiculous. I was so mad. I honestly think this is the maddest I was the whole time - just tired of the cheap price gouging on a place that prides itself on expensive, but quality. Yeah, still seething...

So we went back to the camper and while mom did some laundry, Dad and I took the boys to the Meadow swimming pool. Sheesh, it was like Dance Party USA. So crowded with loud music. But it was fun. First they went to the wading pool (which they kept calling a hot tub), then I took G to the swimming pool and he showed off his excellent swimming skills (seriously, I barely had to touch him and let him practice without his vest for a bit), then we took them to the real hot tub, which shocked them at first but they loved. Finally, they went crazy at the Splash Park, where G went down the slides time and time again and Emry played in the shooting water.

We went home and got ready for dinner, my favorite: Cape May Seafood Buffet. We drove to the Yacht Club Resort and were seated pretty soon. Emry, sadly, was tired, so we got him a few things, but let him lay down on the bench (he got his second wind a little later). G loved it though. He'd never had real crab before and he just loved it. It is an all you can eat buffet, where they had cocktail shrimp, crab, salmon, cod, clams, clam strips, corn, potatoes, pasta, beef, etc. The desserts are also amazing; I'm not usually a sweets person, but I love peanut butter and the chocolate and cupcake peanut butter cupcake was delish as was the sugar free chocolate and raspberry cake.

When we got back to the camper, Emry was obsessed with seeing the fireworks again. We could hear the ones going off in the distance, pretty sure it was one of the other parks as the ones at Magic Kingdom go off at 10pm. But he was so scared he would miss them. Dad confirmed the time and then we set off when it came up. We took them to the end of the dock to get a better view and it was a great show.

The next day was our last, so I finished packing and we headed back to the Magic Kingdom for the last time. We rode the monorail as our first ride since G seemed to really be into and it is a unique experience. When we got in, we went to Tomorrow Land and saw Buzz Lightyear, so we were able to pose with him. Then we went on his ride again and shot some bad guys - the line was short so we did this twice. Then G really wanted to do the race cars, so we decided to head that way and see the line - shockingly it was only 10 minutes long. So, Mom went to get some food and sit, while Dad took G and I took Emry to the cars. I seriously could not stop laughing! I pushed the gas while Emry drove but it was just back and forth banging into the metal strip and I felt like a bobble head. I finally had to take over; he protested initially, but he quickly forgot. G really wanted to go again, so Dad took Emry to see Mom and we went on again; he really did a good job driving - I was shocked! We joined everyone else and soon it was time for me to go! 😞 So we walked them to the Haunted Mansion, their next fast pass, and said our goodbyes. Of course, they're little boys, so they're like "Bye!"


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 28


Advertisement

Ankole CattleAnkole Cattle
Ankole Cattle

huge horns!
G's bootie dance G's bootie dance
G's bootie dance

to the live African music playing nearby
Boat ride to Magic KingdomBoat ride to Magic Kingdom
Boat ride to Magic Kingdom

you can tell how long a trip its been when we all sit in different seats
Emry driving the racecarEmry driving the racecar
Emry driving the racecar

my head never hurt so bad....


Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb