Visiting with Friends


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orange City
February 25th 2018
Published: March 5th 2018
Edit Blog Post

blog 02-25-18 Visiting Friends

Dee and I took Watson for a nice walk this morning then left to have lunch with a relative of Dee's.

Laurel and Rich have been touring the US in their Airstream trailer for several months and are here in Florida just an hour away. We met for lunch half way for both of us and we had a great time chatting away. Rich stayed back at the camper with their dogs to let us have some "girl time". I was able to get some tips on where to camp on the FL panhandle and different web sites to find other destinations.

We took the scenic road home and wish we hadn't but we saw other parts of FL we wouldn't have seen. Watson was very happy to see us and after a walk we started putting outside things away because we are leaving in the morning to go back to Thousand Trails in Clermont.

Tonight is the closing ceremony for the winter olymics so we will be watching that.

Monday morning we were up early to stow everything for the trip to Clermont. It was nice having Dee there to drive the car to a spot where I could hook it up to the camper. It is always a problem in most campgrounds because the road is either too narrow or curvy. I need a flat, straight streach of road to make a good connection.

That done we were off and arrived about 1 1/2 hrs later to get in line to check in at the park. There are no reserved spots here, we have to go in, get our registration papers and wait to be escorted to a spot that is open in an area of our choice. I wanted to be near Ginnie and she had scoped out a good spot for me that was still available so we got it! Always a crap shoot.

It didn't take long to get settled with my experienced helper and by that time we both needed a little nap. That out of the way we headed for the pool because the temps were well into the 80s. We had a delightful swim then relaxed on the lounge chairs in the shade til it was almost time for happy hour.

We collected snacks, drinks and Watson and headed over to Ginnie's for happy hour with Kat and Kim. We had lots to catch up on so we jabbered away til it was dinner time. We had decided to head to our new favorite Italian restaurant just down the road and we all had great meals with enough leftover for tomorrow.

Back at the camper we settled in for an early sleep as we had an airport trip in the morning. Boo.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb