Miami bringing the heat for real


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami
July 18th 2011
Published: July 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We've been in Miami for a few days now, and there seems to be a pattern of amazingly hot mornings and stormy thunder and lightening afternoons. We have finally figured this out and are going to beach it tomorrow 10am sharp. Days have been spent eating sandwiches filled with fresh salad and mozarella, and walking around South Beach which is where we are based. Lucy spends alot of her time reciting the Will Smith Miami rap (see blog title) and I have burnt my bellybutton. Don't know quite how I managed that. One of the girls we are sharing a dorm with excellently described South Beach as having 'more silicone than sand' which made me giggle. Miami is EXACTLY how you imagine it to be - all palm trees and tanned torsos. I got pretty excited when we walked past the tattoo shop that is featured on this TV show called "Miami Ink'.
Tomorrow we are going to seek out some decent Cuban caffeination in the form of cafe con leches, theres this place not far from our hostel which is meant to be pretty good, I've got a buzz just thinking about fresh coffee over the inevitable hostel filter stuff. As always not looking forward to our 21 hour bus journey in a couple of days but even that can't kill the mellow Miami mood.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb