We're in Miami...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami
September 12th 2010
Published: November 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

We reluctantly tore ourselves away from Orlando and started our road trip down to Miami Beach. If we thought the roads and drivers were crazy in Massachussetts then we changed our minds. They were nothing in comparison to the six lane showdown that were the highways of Miami. Those not so confident drivers steer clear!



Miami is definately a place for the loud and proud. If you've got it, flaunt it here. If you dont then it seems they wonder why bother to come in the first place. Miami Beach in particular was focussed on the flash and bling and the motto is being seen to be seen. The party scene here was good but overpriced for what was on offer. The accommodation was very dated and definately trying to hang onto that art deco era with every lasting breath.



Luckily our friend Megan, who studies at Miami University, took us in for a couple of nights and showed us an alternative side to Miami. Now who could say they wouldnt want to go to University in Miami!!



The lovely CocoWalk is a great place to eat or have a drink at a side cafe and people watch.



The beaches however were in a different class altogether and we guess it is this that keeps the money rolling into Miami.



We took a drive up to Fort Lauderdale for a couple of nights which had 'just as beautiful' beaches without all the pretence that comes with it.



A lovely place to see but unless your just cruising by in your million pound yaught maybe rethink.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb