Day One!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami Beach
January 29th 2010
Published: January 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The beachThe beachThe beach

bit cloudy but is huge
Well here we are day one!
Firstly thanks to all my friends and family who have supported me in planning my travels, in particular Dee for her support throughout, marky metcalfe for the hours of entertainment and the shed project and nigel helping with the extractor fan project lol. As well as anyone looking after stuff for me!

Arrived safely at Miami, heard from a fellow passenger that Honduras has just gone through a political coup! watch out for men with guns!
Got to my hotel to find two doors up from a rstaraunt i ate at with my parents in the eighties!

Walked up South Beach (took an hour to find!) the beach is massive and found out chatting to a beach man that the superbowl is being played here next weekend and loads of parties etc being set up, took a few photos of Ocean drive with all the flash cars took some pickies.
One observation the mannekins in the clothes shops seem to be rather well endowed! Must be to reflect the local silicon content lol!
Went for dinner at an Irish bar, Waxy o'Conners, happy hour on Guiness!
A guy sat opposite me at the bar spoke with a northern accent but had a pompey insignia on his trackie top, turns out he is from Halifax but been seeing a girl from pompey, photos attached! small world.

The travelling on your own definitely gets you talking, met Dr Shine on the street, mr beach man and a rap dude on ocean drive as well as the pompey fan.
Watched Charlton beat arsenal (2001 game).
Supposed to be in the 80s F tomorrow been warm today but cloudy.
Will walk up the beach to the footy stadium tomorrow then back to Miami airport for my three flightds to get me to La Ceiba Honduras ready for the ferry sunday to Utila.
Shortish blog justb to say i am here safe!
After all my planning the last day was still hectic right up top the last minute.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



31st January 2010

Hello!
Glad you arrived safe and had time to do some exploring! Get used to meeting people from similar places or people who know people you know, it is a small world! Blog looks great. Have fun!
31st January 2010

And he's off...
Good luck mate, glad you're having a good time so far...bloody pompey fans are all over the place..lol. Pick me up one of those flash cars on your return trip please. Remember my moto "have fun, but always stay safe" All the best Paul
31st January 2010

Day one is over
Mark: gald to hear that you have started on your journey to another world. What ever happens to you in Florida , you will always be five hours behind. Route cause GMT. If the Irish had to set up the international time zone system it would have resulted in 24 hours of opening hours in every time-zone.
1st February 2010

Hey,
Nice to know your there safe. We have also been experiencing the mid 80F! all in shorts and T-shirts. .ga.

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0206s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb