Winning the Latino Vote - Presidential Candidates at NCLR


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami Beach
July 22nd 2007
Published: July 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post


Sen. Barack Obama
As you Latinos are a very important constituency group - as we are the fastest and largest "minority" group in the United States. We now number more than 44 million within the United States. By the year 2050, Latinos will comprise 25%!o(MISSING)f the population - 1 out of every 4 people within the U.S. Latinos can swing elections. According to U.S. Senator, Robert Menendez, "The road to the White House runs through the Latino community. Ya es hora!"
Now both major parties look to attract Latino voters because they know the power of our VOTE!

February 5, 2008 is Super Duper Tuesday or better stated Latino Tuesday because on that day millions of voters will cast their vote in the primaries and caucuses. On that day, voters in New York (16%!L(MISSING)atino), Illinois (14.5%!L(MISSING)atino), New Jersey, Rhode Island, Arizona (23%!L(MISSING)atino), New Mexico (43%!L(MISSING)atino), California (35.5%!L(MISSING)atino), and Colorado (19.5%!L(MISSING)atino) will cast their votes. We can make a difference in this election.

Today, we were fortunate to be able to see two Presidential candidates. Senator Hillary Clinton and Senator Barack Obama both addressed our conference! It was an incredible experience to see our political system at work - to understand some of the issues, to feel the passion of the candidates, and to know that our vote counts.

We need to teach people that Latino issues are American issues. Latinos care about what is important to all Americans. WE care about healthcare, education, the justice system, and many other issues. We are not a single issue population - where the only thing we care about is immigration policy.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb