Relaxing on the Lake


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Lakeland
March 11th 2017
Published: March 12th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


03-11-17 Relaxing on the Lake

After 4 hours of driving on all the back roads from here to Naples we arrived at Lil' Lake Agnes just after the office closed so we found our campsite and just absorbed the peace and tranquility. No buzzing bugs.

I was immediately greeted by my next door neighbor saying hi and proceeded to welcome me to the campground. After a rundown of how everything around here worked he said he had to finish his chores, he had to go to the airport to pick up his wife who had been back home in Indiana for 2 weeks.With that said the next thing I heard was the vacuum going.

I set up Watson's fence and my chair and proceeded to wait for the sunset, it was hours away. I did go for a nice walk but first stopped at the neighbor on the other side who had a long-hair doxie too. His name is Pee Wee and he is a real beauty. Red and black mix very thick coat and smaller than Watson, he was a sweet dog and Watson wanted to play but he wasn't inclined. I had a nice visit with those neighbors then went on to work out the kinks of the trip.

I snapped some pictures of the local birds then a beautiful sunset. It was time to settle in for the night.

The next morning was a leisurely one and when I got outside ready for our walk Ruth Ann came by and sat and chatted away. She was joined by Tom who sat on the picnic table then Grub from next door arrived and joined him on the table. Ruth Ann had just bought one of the trailers permanently parked here and that was all the buzz. What is she going to do with her golf cart, does it have a shed, will she bring her rv, oh the questions rolled on. It was nice being included in on all the talk, they make you feel like you belong.

I made a trip to publix for a few supplies then came home and invited Ginnie to come for dinner. The TT campground is only 35 min away so when I told her we were having spaghetti that sealed the deal. She arrived about 4:15 pm and we had a lovely afternoon catching up and having a good dinner. We sat outside for our meal and were not bothered by one bug.

Early to bed tonight, the clocks spring ahead.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



13th March 2017

Relaxing on the lake
That sunset picture was certainly worth waiting for. Gorgeous. You will miss the blizzard up north here!;

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb