Snipe Point to Key West


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Keys » Key West
May 26th 2009
Published: May 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After the long sail yesterday, we dropped anchor just off the Barracuda Keys around midnight. We woke to the beautiful sunrise and a gorgeous beach. We hopped in the dingy and we rode over to the beach for a dip. There is a gorgeous limestone rock up the pass and we decided to dingy over and snorkel around it. There were a few grouper hanging around the rocks. Caroline found a Starfish and the boys found some Conch. We headed back to the boat around lunchtime, and after taking a break for some tacos, we decided to float around the sailboat for a while. We broke out the noodles and the kids jumped off the side of the boat for a while, before we hit the road again (well, not literally) and headed to Key West.

We arrived in Key West around 4:30 and while the boys cleaned up the boat, the girls took a dip in the Conch Harbor pool. We headed up for showers and the plan for the evening is to catch the Sunset Show and eat Cuban food at Cayo Hueso.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Ready for the Sunset ShowReady for the Sunset Show
Ready for the Sunset Show

Getting ready to go out to the Sunset Celebration at Mallory Square and head out to dinner.


28th May 2009

Wish I could be with you guys!
I am glad to hear you are having a fun time. Enjoy the last days of your trip and have a safe journey home!
28th May 2009

I envy you guys!
Well i guess i have to set my summer with that destination. Thanks for Sharing! Hope to visit Keys soon! Peace, Jen ROsen

Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb