From Indy to Fort Lauderdale by Plane


Advertisement
Published: October 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Leaving IndyLeaving IndyLeaving Indy

Taken inside the new Indy airport prior to boarding the plane.
Destination: Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It was our first time inside the new Indy airport, and the first time we had flown since we got married in October 2007. Although we love to travel, we prefer to do it by car if possible - so we have more freedom and can take whatever we want! We got a great deal on ticket prices though and it is a long drive to southern Florida, so by plane we went. AirTran seems to have some of the best deals on flights (www.airtran.com) to the Fort Lauderdale/Miami area. Although, note to self… keep in mind dimension requirements now on luggage - not just weight requirements…at least on AirTran flights.

We left Indy at about 11:00 am and got into Fort Lauderdale at about 1:30 pm. Not too bad. The rest of the day was pretty relaxing and uneventful - nap after lunch, Winn Dixie grocery shopping with niece and sister, and dinner at an Italian restaurant, Piola (www.piola.it). If you are ever there and like seafood, try the Italian pizza with shrimp!



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Arrival at Sister's CondoArrival at Sister's Condo
Arrival at Sister's Condo

Inside condo which was located near the Aventura Mall.
Yummy, yummy to my tummy!Yummy, yummy to my tummy!
Yummy, yummy to my tummy!

Niece on the balcony of the condo.
Balcony ViewBalcony View
Balcony View

Looking up from condo balcony.
Winn Dixie ShoppingWinn Dixie Shopping
Winn Dixie Shopping

Grocery shopping with niece and sister the night we arrived in Florida.
Winn Dixie Shopping IIWinn Dixie Shopping II
Winn Dixie Shopping II

Yes, Matt takes his camera everywhere!
Let's Eat!Let's Eat!
Let's Eat!

Dinner at Piola.


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb