Bike Week at Daytona Beach


Advertisement
Published: April 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

As it was Bike Week and Saturday was a big event day we decided to drive down to Datona and look at the bikes (Wayne was very excited!). The road was packed with Harleys everywhere. We got to the Speedway and parked, the site was huge and there were millions of people and bikes, lots of stalls with bikes and bike accessories and of course T-shirts. We looked around at everything, and even saw OC Choppers of the telly. We stopped for a sit down at the Harley area and watch a demo on bike control at slow speeds - not the most exciting thing to see but apparently really good as Wayne bought all the DVD’s! We then got in the car and headed to the beach. It’s the only beach I’ve ever driven down, it was HUGE. We parked the car easily and headed towards the main road. The roads were closed to cars and thousands of bikes were driving through. All the shops were selling bike stuff, there were more stalls and millions of people again. I didn’t realise you could get so many bikers in one area - very interesting looking group!

We had a lovely meal at an Italian restaurant before getting back in the car and going to the Harley shop at Datona. It’s the worlds largest store, and it was HUGE. Again the area was full of bikes, we parked in a field as all the car parks were full of bikes and stalls. Millions more people everywhere. It was a huge area with lots of large bike shops. It took us about 2 hours to leave the car parking area and get on the road because it was sooo busy! By the time we got back to Orlando we were thoroughly Biked out having seen every sort of bike imaginable!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb