DC!


Advertisement
Published: December 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

A tiny plane with only one (hilarious) flight attendant took us from New York City to Washington DC in just a few hours. Arrived and guess what!? No bags!

Caught the shuttle to a dodgy place and waited for 2hrs before we got taken by the hostel owner to the building we were staying in. The original hostel had a fire! So with just us and no luggage and no towels provided (!) we were left in this old dodgy building with no one but another couple in it! Had a great pub burger from down the street and went to bed.

Caught the bus to our new hostel the next day and it was MUCH better! Went to see the Pentagon and the Washington Monument (which you cant miss, its seen from everywhere in the city!) and settled into our hostel. Chatted to a dude from Holland and had dinner.

Our last day in the US was fairly busy! We bought a hop-on hop-off bus ticket (love those!) and saw the Smithsonian Museums (all free can you believe it?) with some AWESOME stuff in them like the actual mission control centre for the Apollo 11 mission and
Lincoln!Lincoln!Lincoln!

Just before the scare
the hope diamond (think titanic).

Visited the graves of the Kennedys and the Lincoln and Jefferson Memorials. At the Lincoln Memorial someone left a bag lying around and we all got evacuated for the bomb squad to come in and check it out!

Some pictures of ourselves at the White House and we were off to bed!



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

The Bush ResidenceThe Bush Residence
The Bush Residence

aka The White House (its amazing what camera zoom can do huh?)


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb