Your 4th of July Cookout


Advertisement
Published: July 4th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Experts says we will spend about $70 for our July 4th cookout or barbecue. It seems a little low.
First, some barbecue basics:
<ul style="background-image: initial; background-position: 0px 0px; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; outline: 0px; font-family: Nunito; font-size: 20px; color: #626166 !important; padding-bottom: 25px !important; padding-left: 20px !important; list-style-position: inside !important;">The value of the barbecue grill market is growingThe worldwide market revenue for grills and roasters is projected to go over 7 billion USD by the end of 2022.Middleby Corporation LLC was the largest competitor on the barbecue and grill market in 2021, with a 19.62%!s(MISSING)hare.<li style="background-image: initial; background-position: 0px 0px; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial !important; margin-top: 0px; outline: 0px; margin-bottom: 1rem !important;">The barbecue and grill market is growing quickly in South America, with an 4%!C(MISSING)AGR from 2020 to 2025.7 out of 10 adults in the US own a grill or roaster.75%!<(MISSING)/b> of barbecue owners in the US love to grill during the winter too.


Beef steak is the grilled food preferred by over a third of people in the US. 34%!o(MISSING)f barbecue fans in the country claim that steak is their favorite grilled food, while 19%!p(MISSING)refer hamburgers. Grilled chicken fans are 18%!,(MISSING) while those passionate about ribs are at 11%! (MISSING)Other favorites include bratwurst (6%!)(MISSING), hot dogs (5%!)(MISSING), pineapple (4%!)(MISSING), and pork chops (3%!)(MISSING).



It may come as no surprise that meat leads the way when it comes to preferences for grilling food. 88%!o(MISSING)f US barbecue consumers have stated that they usually grill meat, particularly steaks. 86%!h(MISSING)ave burgers as their go-to, with hot dogs (150 million) following at 77%!a(MISSING)nd sausages at 53%! (MISSING)

50%!o(MISSING)f consumers enjoy grilling vegetables, while 27%!o(MISSING)pt for fish and seafood. This shows that, while meat lovers win, there is still plenty of diversity when it comes to what Americans love to grill.

We will barbecue either a ribeye steak or some New Zealand lamb chops, along with several vegetables. Add a salad, some rice, and maybe some Fresno State corn, we should have quite a nice meal.

There are numerous brands of barbecue and marinades/seasoning sauces, but one in particular consistently takes the lead. A1 is currently the most used brand, preferred by over 89.47 million Americans in 2020. The Valley raisin farmers are pleased, since raisins are the primary ingredient in A1 Sauce!!!

The trailblazing A1 is followed by Sweet Baby Ray’s, favored by 84.73 million Americans, then by Heinz, preferred by 67.79 million. Tabasco (39.5 million), Frank’s Red Hot (38.83 million), and Kikkoman (38.74 million) are some of the other most-used favorites. Please use A1 if you use a sauce, since the primary ingredient is raisins!!!



Holidays are a great time to barbecue. Unsurprisingly, the 4th of July is the most popular holiday for barbecuing in the US, with a 68%!s(MISSING)hare of Americans grilling on that occasion. Memorial Day, observed every last Monday in May, follows with a 56%!s(MISSING)hare.

Other popular holidays include Labor Day (56%!)(MISSING), celebrated in September, and Father’s Day celebrated in June. Mother’s Day, usually occurring at the beginning of May, has a 29%!s(MISSING)hare.

But Americans love their barbecue, and we will barbecue, rain or shine, regardless of season. My new friends from Cape Town (rivals to Barry the V), called their barbecue a braai (pronounced br-eye).

I forgot the last, but certainly one of the most important barbecue basics, the adult refreshments. Americans will spend $1.6 billion on beer and wine this long July 4th weekend. But we spend $1.5 billion on fireworks. So not worry, I will have a bottle of sparkling wine or champagne, chilled for the weekend.
Whatever you do, stay safe, do not drink and drive, and beware of fire danger!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb