Your Check Is in the Mail


Advertisement
Published: April 21st 2020
Edit Blog Post

So, have you received your "stimulus" check or deposit yet? On tax day, April 15, we received ours, tax free. And I promised to donate to Joe Biden, which a "check" that has Orange man's name on it.

Remember in 2008/2009 when Obama proposed the $800 billion stimulus plan to save the economy that the Republicans called a Bailout. They opposed it as Big Government and Deficit spending. Not a single house Republican supported it. Now in 2020 the government is spend $2.3 Trillion dollars to save the economy and they call it a Stimulus! In addition they are asking for another $250 Billion Stimulus money. Meanwhile Trump is cheerleading for and additional $2 Trillion in Stimulus money. It's not a bailout any longer. How things have changed for the Republican party. What happened to No Big government, No Deficit spending, No free money for those in need? To be honest the Republican party ideology has changed. It is now a populist party of Donald Trump's, not the party of conservative ideology. Go figure......

(Thank you, Mr. Mike for the above treatise)
I guess it just depends whether you are looking down on the populace, or peering upward from down below. But it should not matter. I hope the hospitals get some help. And our great Valley farmers. The airline industry is getting a $25 billion bailout. Ranchers are getting a $19 billion economic rescue package. What's more important, flying or farming? The comparison may not be apples to apples, but it's certainly food for thought. So, I dare you to eat an airplane!The $1,200-per-adult economic impact payment approved by the CARES Act doesn’t go quite as far as one might think. Americans spend an average of $660 a month on food alone, according to Bureau of Labor Statistics data from 2018, and nearly $1,700 on housing. With 22 million unemployment applications since early March, people are in desperate need of emergency funds. If you are still waiting: Head to the IRS' Get My Payment page and tap the blue Get My Payment button to check the status of your economic impact payment. And remember, it is based on "adjusted gross income." What a deal!If you are a small business, you are still waiting, I am sure. The small business person always gets screwed. So, here we are nearing the end of April, and no end in sight. Be patient, and do not rush re-starting the economy. The second wave could actually be worse!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb