Day 1 - The Arrival


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado
March 9th 2008
Published: March 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


After watching Million Dollar Baby on the plane (which was sort of a depressing plane movie if you ask me!), we were more than thrilled to be in Denver after our 3 hour flight. We quickly hopped on the train and headed over to baggage claim to see if our precious cargo had made the journey with us. We were both quite smiley when we discovered that our two snowboards and two bags had made it - yay!

We then headed out of the airport and hopped on the Enterprise shuttle to go pick up our rental car. Jason was in charge of picking out what kind of car we would get and his grand decision was the PT Cruiser! "Hey, it has a hatchback." Brand spankin new 2008 cruiser with only 1600 miles on it - sweeeett. We look pretty fantastic cruising around in that; plus, it's the touring edition!

Once we got the PT Cruiser (aka Petey) on the road, we began our 1 1/2 hour adventure from Denver to our hotel in Dillion. I was beyond excited to be in Colorado so I had my camera in hand the entire drive. Denver was flat and not very fun, but just as I had heard once you go through that tunnel everything changes! And such it was. We came out the other side of this tunnel and magically big snowy mountains appeared! This is when I decided that I may never come back to NY. Sorry, Mom.

Once we got to Dillon, we checked into our lovely hotel and began figuring out what adventures we would have that night.

We ended up choosing to drive over to Breckenridge (15 mins from the hotel). We walked around the town for a little while, snapped some pictures, and then had a quick dinner at Eric's.

After dinner, we were beyond tired since we had been traveling since 4am NY time and it was now 8pm CO time (10pm NY time). So we decided we would head back to the hotel and get some rest before our big first day on snow!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



12th March 2008

Wow
What a view! Those mountains are beautiful! Love the car too!

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb