Baseball, BBQ & Bands


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Denver
August 30th 2007
Published: August 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

On the 28th, we woke up, and piled in the car to get Ruber from the airport in Denver. I was sooooooo happy to see him after 3 weeks away! He was tired (as we were), so we went home to rest & headed to the Boulder farmer's market for some lunch. Tyson drove us up to Flagstaff Mountain for some awesome views over the town and beyond. When we headed down, we packed up the car & went into Denver to a baseball game! Becca had gotten some awesome seats, right behing home base, so it was totally cool to see a game up close. The Denver Rockies were playing the LA Dodgers, and it was a fun game. Tyson was a real star and spent most of the game explaining the rules, techniques & subtleties of baseball to Ruber. There was a great crowd, and the Rockies won (which apperently hasn't been happening too often lately), so everyone was really happy. Afterwards we went to a really cool martini bar (Becca what's the name??) where we took lots of arty photos. When we headed back, Tyson asked if we wanted to have a tour of Denver, and within 2 minutes all of us were sound asleep in the car!

On the 29th, Becca, Tyson & I went to brunch at the Buff Restaurant (yummy!), while Ruber slept in. In the afternoon, Becca had some friends over for a chilled out BBQ, it was great to relax and meet her mates from Boulder.

The next day when we finally got out of the house, we ran around doing errands getting Ruber kitted out for our next adventures. We took him to REI for his shoes, and picked up another bike for him at Community Cycles.

We made it home in time to quickly throw together a picnic dinner & jump in the cars to Red Rocks. WOW- it is amazing driving up as the sun is coming down. It is by far the best concert venue I have ever been to, and has been called the best one in the world. It's incredible- these giant red boulders sticking up, to create a natural amphitheater overlooking east Colorado, with the sun illuminating the red rocks as it sets behind us. It was just incredible, if you ever have a chance to go, do it! Regardless of who is playing, I guarantee it will be worth it. We had a nice tailgate in the parking lot before going in, and then hiked up the mountain to the entrance. Snow Patrol were performing, and they were really good, if not slightly predictable. But we all had fun, especially trying out my new binos to check out the band- lots of fun!

(Please check back later for photos.)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.245s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.07s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb