Day 12: Lines and Rafts


Advertisement
Published: July 9th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 12: Latitude 38.77, Longitude -106.13 , 62 degrees, cloudy Thunderstorms expected.

After filling up with a great breakfast at the Evergreen Diner, the boys and I headed down the road and tackled the aerial course at Brown's Canyon. They called us off the course a few minutes early as lighting was coming through. No worries, the zip line part was fun but the real adventure lay ahead.

Luc and I spent the afternoon rafting the Arkansas River. Rafting through the Rockies was more than beautiful. Lightning passed nearby but never fully came through and then the clouds parted. We also had really great guides; Luke, Jacob and Matt. Jacob was in our boat and made sure we had a good time. Luc also made friends with the other guides, Luke and Matt. As it turns out, Matt won the silver medal in the High Jump in the 2004 Athens Olympics, way cool. If you couldn't tell he is the tall one in the last pic.

Everyone you meet asks where you're from. When we say Massachusetts everyone at the Aerial Park and Rafting place asked if our car was the one with the MA to CA painted on it. They thought our car was so cool, very funny. Even at the lodge we heard people go by and comment on Silver Sally, they were also psyched it had an RI License plate.

Tomorrow, off to Cortez, CO, to see Mesa Verde.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.188s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb