Day 11: On the Road Again


Advertisement
Published: July 8th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 11. We said good bye to the Blue Bell Lodge in Custer State Park in the Black Hills of South Dakota. However, as we were leaving we spotted a few more buffalo containing a couple of very large bulls. I only took a few pics of those buffalo as some other tourist was approaching the buffaloes on foot to get a better picture. Right then I had a choice to make, switch to video and watch this guy get pummeled or get in the car and get away safely. Choosing the latter we departed and then made our way down through Wyoming.

Once again, I could not convince Tracey to take a half hour detour so we could set foot in a different state--this time, Nebraska. Still bringing the rain and below 60 degree temps with us everywhere we go (except our northernmost stop in MN where temps were 80 degrees) we crossed into Colorado. We also crossed the Arkansas River.

Upon arriving in Buena Vista, CO we have logged over 3103 miles on Silver Sally with a little over a thousand miles to go we are half way through our trip in terms of days and two thirds the way in mileage.

Luckily, the Thunder Lodge in Buena Vista, is a really cool place and we have separate rooms, FINALLY, and Luc and Alec have separate beds. After a great dinner we stopped for ice cream. Alec chose caramel stout and liked it, we then told him what he had ordered had beer in it he broke into his Matthew McConaughey and declared, "Alright, alright, alright."

Unfortunately, we were not able to get any decent pictures of the Rockies because of all the clouds and rain. After the weather and all the driving Tracey and I are contemplating taking advantage of the recent changes in Colorado Law--see pic of the specialty spice rack below.

Just to back track a little, while we enjoyed our stay at the Blue Bell Lodge when we checked out I noticed that our mouse trap was still set but there was no evidence of peanut butter bait I placed on it the night we checked in. So, I am sure the mouse will be there to greet the next set of guests. We also missed the blasting at Crazy Horse because that was also postponed due to weather.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.104s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb