Summer Road Trip 2013: Yosemite National Park, Muir Woods, and China Town Day 4


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
July 14th 2013
Published: May 29th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Awesome is the only way to describe Yosemite National Park. It is an awesome place filled with wonder and "majestic-ness' and it makes me want to live here forever. The meadows are pleasing, the rivers and creeks are cold, the waterfalls are high, the cliff faces impenetrable, and the peaks amazing. I could go on forever about the place but its all been said before. we spent half the day here and then drove out to San Francisco.

The way out to San Fran is a nice drive. It loops and turns and goes up and down through valleys and hills and mountain sides. When we finally reached San Francsico we headed straight to the Muir Woods National Monument. The redwood trees were huge! It darkened the forest floors and blocked out the majority of the sun's rays. The drive to this place takes one across the Golden gate Bridge and then zig zags down to the woods by the coast. Its well worth the drive and visit.

I then convinced my brother that a little Chinatown shopping would be fun for him and my niece. They went crazy shopping for knick-knacks and the like. We ate some good Chinese food and enjoyed the ambiance. Then we headed out of there because there were too many wires. I hate all the wires in San Francisco.


Additional photos below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0721s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb