X Games = Last day in LA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
July 28th 2011
Published: August 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Cruisy morning with Ange hell bent on locating her, who would you turn gay for question answer, Reese Witherspoon. A quick bit of help from google and we learnt she was the last person added to the walk of fame and was down near the intersection of Hollywod and Vine. About ten minutes later we found her and got some shots and also locaed Billy Joel in the meantime.

A trot through Madame Taussauds saw some great shots with a few celebs. Awesome interaction as there were no ropes and you could get up close with them all.

Lunch at Hard Rock, and on the subway downtown to X-Games 2011. Interesting sites on the subway, had an awesome crack addict chick decided she wanted to go off at some dude. She was running a metal bar about a foot long with studs on the end. She decided not to use it on him. As you can imagine, Nath was almost running the other way and when Crenshaws finest stepped on and started talking about when they were in Jail and how they shmashed the weights, well Nath had spun the ring around, to not show his daimonds, and had sideways moonwalked a few metres up the carriage.

Train stopped at Pico and the event that is the X-Games was in full flight. This was at the STAPLES centre and its surrounds, which is home to th LA Lakers. Skateboarding and BMX were soldout so we saw the Moto X. Was awesome and to see three Aussies beat the likes of Pastrana in the trick comp topped off the evening.

Quick dinner at a Japanese restrant called KATSUYU, i think, where ordering was a lot more confusing then consuming. The place had three differant kicthens, a Hot, a sushi and a Liquid.

Anywho food was great and the trip home on the subway was delightfully more sane.

Pretty tired and packing tonight, New Orleans tomorrow, of which I sure Bourbon Street will feature heavily.....

Nathange


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb