Venice and Santa Monica


Advertisement
Published: July 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So today after a write off of a day, after the Playhouse two nights ago, literally, today we woke up at 4.00am brtight eye and bushy tailed.

Venice beach, the only thing Ange wanted to do for the whole trip! Well not so much just to Venice, but more so to Rollerblade along the most popular beach strips in America, if not the world.

We did it public transport style and leaped on the bus. Cruised down Hollywood Blvd and then left onto Fairfax. After about twenty minutes or so we got to Fairfax and Venice and leapt off. Onto another line and cruised all the way, through some very interesting suburbs down Venice Blvd and arrived about 40 minutes later in total at Venice Beach. Now I didnt know what to expect, but, best to say, it was an experience at Venice. Seems green in is legal here, or after you get a medical clearance for $40 from some awfully rastaferrian doctors. Free to then purchase as you wish, seems most of the locals do so.

We found the hire place and Ange got her blades, whilst the rest of us went with the safety of some cool looking treadlys, and we jetted off down the boardwalk to Santa Monia.

A couple of miles, and some piles, we arrived at Santa Monica pier. Ange before us all as she was in her element. We simply could not keep up to the newly crowned Califorian Rollergirl.

Lunch was smashed out at a great mexican restaurant at the end of Santa Monice pier, along with a couple of Mexico's premier ales.

Feeling rotund, the bike and blade ride back was well required. A spot of shopping and a trip back on the bus home.

Tonight saw us enter the world of Cirqu de Solei, or however it is spelt. Their latest show only premiered at the Kodak theatre on the 21st of this month. IRIS, is a brand new show on the history of Hollywood, delivered only how this mob can do so.

The show started a little late at Kodak Theatre, where the oscars are held (absolutely magnificent inside), as there was a riot out the front and LA went into lockdown. Now our hotel is basically where this happenned and apart from the choppers, you wouldnt have known. Hollywoods first riot in quite a few years. Cool. It was over some DJ CASCADE who twittered or facebooked a free concert in the street. Evidentally he is VERY popular with the latino people here, which equals about 95% of LA and things went pair shaped for a little while before LAPD's finest stepped in.

The show was great, we were knacked after a long day and called it a night on it's conclusion.

Nathange

Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 14; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb