We made it - Kinda


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
April 18th 2010
Published: April 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well, Oroville is the closest I could get to Republic for a location. We made it to the property and made a couple of attempts to get the trailer into a position where it would work, but alas. Didn't work. We are now sitting at a park in Republic that is very nice, very pretty and so far very quiet. We'll go to the property and survey the situation tomorrow. There is a local guy who does good work in getting a situation workable, so we will probably stop and talk to him about what our plan of attack will be. We have a lot to do to get it livable. We can get the electric turned on and a neighbor has already offered us a frost free spigot for the water, and possibly a way to turn it on (the valve is about 4-5 feet underground). We have to arrange to have a septic system put in too. So, although I know this is a travel blog, which it will continue to be, it will sometimes be a "what's happnin on the property" blog too. As soon as we figure out when we are going west, we will let you know - I can't wait!!! Ry-bear! We're comin for you first! G'ma and G'pa miss you fierce and can't wait to see you!

Advertisement



18th April 2010

Home for the summer
Glad that you made it to Republic, and now when you have the time you can send your progress pictures and that will be fun to watch. Don is doing really good we got back to the surgeon on Wed. to see now how long the brace has to be on and when he can take a shower, we have done that but have to put plastic all over so it doesn't get wet. thank You so much for your up dates all the time. He still has pain but with the pain meds he is doing fine.
19th April 2010

Yay!
He will be very excited to see you both!!!

Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb