Death Valley and Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
February 16th 2009
Published: March 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The trip to death valley toke us from 8500 feet up in sequoia to Stove pipe in death valley via some amazing scenery.

we got to stove pipe just after dark but not before we had seen the evening sun playing with the colours of the rock in the valley as we descended.

we got up early to watch the sun rise which it does by lighting the valley behind stove pipe then streaking across the valley.

we toke a drive through the valley past badwater basin with its salt ,the lowest point in the states.

we could see vegas well before we got there or at least the stratosphere hotel.

our hotel was great very swish, didnt think much to the pirate show which toke us three attempts to see.
we toke a bus out to Sams town which turned out to be miles away,(we started walking originally)!!

saw a magic show with lions and tigers and the RAtpack show which was great.

loved the bellagio fountain show and went up the half size Eiffel tower with a two for one voucher.

bargain!

The flight over the grand canyon in the little plane was great too.

didnt really gamble, loved the lights at night, the casinos are huge, as are the hotels.

the old part of Vegas had the old hotels and a screen which covered the walk way which wa smassive and played a huge video every hour, check out my attempt at videoing it.

Crazy place!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 58, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

the miracle mile the miracle mile
the miracle mile

shopping mall under the planet Hollywood
death valley plus mountainsdeath valley plus mountains
death valley plus mountains

yep its a desert !
Belliago fountainsBelliago fountains
Belliago fountains

my fav show ! very reliable
Vegas  the Venetian hotelVegas  the Venetian hotel
Vegas the Venetian hotel

the most amazing hotel exterior
death valleydeath valley
death valley

we stopped to admire the view, late sun made it look pretty cool


Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb