Powell, WY by way of California


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
August 12th 2008
Published: August 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

GravelGravelGravel

Beginning of the gravel road
Almost time to head to Powell, WY. A quick trip to CA first for Brother Ted's 61st Birthday in Middletown, CA.
A quick stop in Longview first to deliver son-in-laws birthday present and to drop off young son and his wife a Wedding Gift. Was to meet LaDonna but she had already taken off to Timber Trails so onto to CA.
First stop is a motel in Woodburn, Oregon.
Friday morning a wet night the road is wet but the highway seems to be dry. Looks pretty cloudy so decided to head to the coast where the blue skys are.
BE SURE TO CLIP ON THE BIKE PICTURES SO YOU CAN SEE THE PRETTY WATER OVER THE ROCKS....
Check the map and found a nice short cut thru the mountains. Beautiful sunny day after the Marine fog lifted. DEAD END no way, that wasn't on the map must of make a wrong turn. Stop check out the map and decided to go back to the fork in the road and take the other road to the coast. Beautiful country road and nice blue sky. Hmmmm a little gravel on road not bad, but wait what was that bump? No more ashphalt
StopStopStop

Stopping to check the GPS
what's up with that. Hopefully it will only be temporary not too bad Doug doesn't seem to be having any trouble going slow and everything is fine. Not getting any better road seems to be completely gravel now with wash board here and there. No place to turn around nothing to say that there is road construction so guess we will just have to go on. Beautiful mountain pass except for the fact that there isn't any road. We pull over just past one of the tight curves by a beautiful little creek with little water falls over the rocks. Try the new cell phone GPS, hmmm the GPS can't find where we are.....

What is that noise??? Sounds like a truck??? Oh my gosh quick stand on the other side of the bike by the creek here comes a logging truck. Don't know how he got by us but he did thank goodness we didn't meet him around one of those curves we just did. We quickly hope back on the back to get the heck off this Logging Road.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb