The latest from USA CA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
July 3rd 2008
Published: July 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post


Firstly, sorry there are no photos, but every net shop is not letting us download them, so just an update of what we have been up to.

Hello everyone, no need to wonder where we are any more. We are safe and well, but are very very busy sorting out this trip. It is not as easy as we thought in america, and coming from chilled out in hawaii we are a bit stressed. well not stressed, but a bit busy. and i tell you what the internet is very hard to come by. they have free wireless everywhere, which is a bumer as we do not have a laptop. (note to self, if ever we go to america again to travel, laptop is a must)

so where do i start. we flew in safe and sound from ahwaii, and very happy as we just had a very fun two weeks with my mum and dad and sharon and john. they loved it there, but took them a while to get over the flight.

We landed an got the shuttle car to the motel we had already booked. i was a bit scared when we turned up as i thought we were in the rough area, it was scarey looking. but we werent and we found we had so much around us and felt more relaxes. it was good we had four nights there in LA, and one day did a tour around the city on a bus giude, and saw it all. santa monica beach, venice beach, movie star homes, Bel Air, beverly hills,rodeo drive, moholland drive, the hollywood sign, and of course hollywood bvld. L.A reeks cool. it is a little gruby in places but that is just because it is so busy and full of tourists. It was a great day and we saw so much so we were happy. Venice beach was really great too. we saw muscle beach, the outdoor gym on the beach, and the basket ball courts were they filmed white men can't jump. there were lots of people there, mostly freaks, ha ha. from tramps, to ferrari's, to fake boobs, to roller blading along the beach front, etc. great to just people watch,

we picked up our rental car too. and it is brand new and nice and comfy. we have the ipod plugged in and sing away. no air guitar for mart whilst he is driving though, as the roads are nutts. just busy, not fast as the top speed here is 65mph. all the cars are massive and there were loads of posh cars in La especially Bel Air and beverly hills. it was so posh there, the houses are massive. i want to live there, and i have decided i want a nice ferrai. (keep dreaming soph). Every car was either a ferrari, range rover, mercedes, porche, and so on. its great to see. Mart was like "shit look at that one, oh god look at that one" all day long.

The day after the tour we decided we wanted to head back into hollywood as we only had 30 mins there on the tour. We pulled up and saw that the chineese theatre was blocked off and we found out that the hancock premiere was going on that night, which meant that Big Will Smith would be making an appearance. we thought this was great, so we decided to have a drive around la again and then went back to Hollywood to see the premiere. we knew it would be busy there, but when we got there we scored the best seat ever, well i was ona big wall and mart was on a step below me. we waited about half and hour, and then all the posh cars stared to turn up, and out of the first car, comes Will smith, it was so cool, i was shouting and me and mart were excited as he came right over to our side of the street and signed autographs right in front of us. he was so cool, and kicked about for ages, the press and the red carpet and all the glam people was so nice. top experience, although i was jealous of how nice all the ladies looked. (I cannot wait to wear highheels again, getting fed up with flip flops) so that was cool,as we saw charlieze theron (not sure how to spell the name) she did the same and came over to our side of the street. she was so pretty. Mart was excited to see her, shes so pretty. so we thought it was great that we caught a premiere in hollywood, the place where it is famous for this sort of stuff.

So after La we headed down to orange county and san diego. it was nice in san diego, and we went to the world famous san diego zoo, and saw all the animals you can think of. it was a nice day and we had a picnic and then laid by our pool at the motel. yes it is standard here. cool hey??? we are now at newport beach and are here for a few nights and we are gonna have afew nice days at the beach and just looking about these nice little beachside arty towns. its right next to laguna beach too, which was a series on mtv, so thats cool to se and look around. lots of boats and harbours here, so nice walking about. travelling here is cool at the mo though. We have the car and that gives us so much freedom, and we get to stay in nice motels, instead of hostels. the motels are the same price, but you get a nice room, on-suite, fridge, microwave, and breaky, and normally a pool, but it is very expensive here in america. Are money is just drianing really fast, and we're having to be very careful!!!!!!

We are planning our trip for the next few weeks now and are booking accommodation and things on the net today as we are fed up with the lack of net shops, and things are so much cheaper to book on the net. Its july 4th here today (independance day) so theres lots of partying going on and fireworks, so we gotta go and catch some fireworks. tomo we're just hitting the beach here in the OC, then on sun we head north adn make our way to santa cruz, big sur, and san fransisco. let the good times role!!!

love to everyone, soph and mart xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



Advertisement



Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb