Day 10


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
July 8th 2007
Published: July 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

"And now for something completely different..."
Today we decided to change things up and have a more "relaxing" day so we got up, jumped on the freeway and drove 40 miles into Hollywood??? Actually it wasn't too bad since just the Sunday Drivers were on the road .... all 3.5 million of them. We got to Hollywood Blvd. drove through Hollywood and Vine to Graumans Chinese Theatre to see the foot and hand prints in cement. The first sign of trouble was as we got closer, Hollywood Blvd. was blocked. We were able to find some parking under the new Kodak Theatre which is just next to Graumans and walk to the Chinese Theatre unfortunately the area where the prints are was blocked off. There was red carpet on the street and a grandstand across from the theatre all in preparation for the Premiere of HARRY POTTER later in the day. Great! We travel 3000km to see the sights and some Nerdy Wizard throws a spell on our plans. Michelle wanted to stay and see Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) but she was vetoed on that decision. So we took some pictures of what we could and continued our tour of LaLa land. So off we went to see some more noteworthy and notorious sights. We cruised the Sunset Strip seeing Hollywood High, The Laugh Factory (aka Site of Kramer's Career Suicide), Chateau Marmont (site of John Belushi's OD), The Viper Room (River Phoenix's death) Beverly Hills Hotel (I'm sure someone's died here) and Rodeo Drive (where you buy clothes "to die for") .... nice place this Hollywood/Beverly Hills. Time to get out of here - back to the hotel and all in under 4 hours. I should run a tour company, I could have charged $75 a head for that trip.

The afternoon and evening was truly more relaxing and enjoyable, we went to visit Mom's cousin Kay her husband Jean and there daughter Robin's family, Husband Jim and son Kevin-15 (their other two boys had just left for camp earlier in the day) in LaHabra. It was great to just sit around and visit and the boys had a blast playing with Kevin in the pool. Noah and Iain came out of the pool to eat but otherwise they spent almost all the time in the water. I think Justin appreciated having someone close to his age to talk to for the first time in the last 10 days and Kevin's SoCal skateboarder style made him want to become a surfer and live on the beach even more. It was a nice visit and before we knew it, it was getting dark and time to leave and get ready for another day of action.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



12th July 2007

Mitch - Congrats on new job!
Mitchell - I really thing that you should "re-invent" yourself. Combination Travel Guide and Travel Writer! What a great story - your story of this fantastic holiday. This is really wonderful to be able to see y'all. Love and Kisses to all - don't forget to kiss a palm tree for me - Luv Gramma K

Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0754s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb