Day 9


Advertisement
Published: July 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Another day in Disneyland, this is starting to get boring ..... NOT!!! Started the day by visiting ToonTown which is new since the last time I was here last time just 28 years ago. It's a village full of cartoon buildings all bulging and bendy with rides and attractions geared more for smaller kids. So Noah had fun but was still a little shy about going on any rides after going on The Matterhorn, Splash Mountain and Grizzly Rapids the first couple days. So he just ran through the buildings while Iain went on the Gadget's Go Coaster and Roger Rabbits Car Toon Spin with everyone else. While Michelle, Justin and Iain were on the spin Noah and I explored Donald's Boat. Unfortunately, Noah decided to look over the edge and lost his newly acquired Disneyland hat into the water. After some uncomfortable stretching and reaching and some tears from Noah, I removed my socks and shoes, climbed the fence and waded into the pond to get his hat ... now how many people can say they have done that before. Other highlights from the day included a ride on the Disneyland Express, watching the Parade of Dreams and having the ride break down in the middle of Winnie the Pooh's Adventure. After sitting for 5 minutes they announced they would come and "help us down" from the ride. Now you have to picture that this is a kiddy ride the goes through a building with a bunch of cute scenes and music, but this being Disney they come around with a step stool, open the doors to your car and insist that you individually use ther stool to make the giant 12" step down to the floor, line up in single file and then help lead you out of the building. After that drama we needed to head back to the hotel to unwind and go for a late night swim which the boys enjoyed and was easier to convince them of rather then a bath, but I'm not sure the other guests appreciated the shampoo in the pool ... lol.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

RatatouilleRatatouille
Ratatouille

Rat Attack


Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb