Santa Paula and surrounds


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California
January 29th 2007
Published: January 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Saber Tooth at the La Brea Tar PitsSaber Tooth at the La Brea Tar PitsSaber Tooth at the La Brea Tar Pits

this is just one of the fabulous exhibits at the La Brea Tar Pits. Definitely worth the visit.
Haha!! Success at last and here we are in Sunny California. We arrived right on time at 5.45 and we were through customs by 6.45am which was absolutely fantastic (marvellous even).

The first 12 hours we sort of wandered around looking quite dazed from the length of flights and then after that Nicola fell asleep for a while (just couldn't stay awake) and then we went out for dinner with Wally to a really nice Chinese restaurant in Camarillo (Chesters Chinese Food) with his Mum and Step-Dad. It sort of drizzled for most of the day.

Wally is an absolutely fantastic host who made us feel so at home.

Bed by 8.30pm and slept so very well.

Today was very exciting we headed for the La Brea Tar Pits (yes Charlotte we know - asphalt) and had a great time. A fabulous exhibit (well worth the visit.) and then we did the ubiquitous LA thing - checked out the Walk of Fame and drove around (down Rodeo Drive) along the coastal route back to Santa Paula past Long Beach and Malibu.

On another quick note Santa Paula is amazing - with lots of heritage appeal.

So we are about to go out for dinner so I will upload a couple of quick pics.

See ya!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb