Days 12 & 13 Escondido and Temucula


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Temecula
February 6th 2013
Published: February 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Well, today Tuesday was the worst day weather wise on our trip. (Picture) Cold and foggy all day. Guess what, we didn't even go out. We played hand and foot and just chilled out all day. Unfortunately this was Fara's last full day and we didn't get to the ocean as she had hoped but it was a restful day.

Wednesday opened up with a bright and sunny day. We enjoyed feeding the ducks bread, that brought most of the flock to our patio. Fara took off for her trip back to Phoenix and we prepared to meet friends Vicki and Larry for the days of our journey.

We had lunch at the Thornton Winery, a beautiful place (picture of Susan), did a wine tasting before heading over to meet Vicki and Larry to begin our wine tasting tour.

As it was late afternoon, we visited to wineries. Over all, Susan and my experiences with the 4 wineries we visited during this Temecula trip is that we didn't find any wine that we wanted to buy. Of course there are many wineries in Temecula so there is always the possibility that we will find something.



The evening found Larry and Bob trying to tune their string instruments, e.g. Strumstick and Ukulele and talking about Karaoke music. Susan made a delicious dinner and with wine, and discussion, a satisfying day ended and we looked forward to the next day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb