A visit to Snoopy's Home


Advertisement
Published: July 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Mural from cartoon stripsMural from cartoon stripsMural from cartoon strips

There are over 8500 ceramic tiles from different Peanut strips making up this display.
A day of leisure and a visit to the Charles Schultz Museum. It was only 3 miles from our motel so a short trip was in order. I wasted space bringing mesh jackets as the temps here are rather moderate...or downright cool. 53 when I got up this am.

The Schultz Museum is rather interesting as it chronicles his work from childhood. Also next door is an ice rink where Senior Hockey contests are played. In the ice rink is located the Warm Puppy, a snack area for the skaters.

We came back by the area for the BBQ contest and it is not an easy place to find. I can only imagine the BBQ Rigs pulling thru the quiet neighborhoods to get to the site. I considered moving motels that would be closer but we found that there was a kitchen in our room. It is in a room behind a locked door that I thought was an entrance to a suite. There are several restaurants in walking distance, a CVS and a Safeway across the street.!

More importantly, there is a nice California Spa across the street! The prices here are cheaper for a longer massage
Kite eating treeKite eating treeKite eating tree

The museum would not be complete without it!
than I get in Hot Springs. Charlie and I walk everywhere we go to shop or for an evening meal. He has walked more in these few days than he has in a while. At home we can't breathe for the humidity so it is a blessing with 60 something temps, a gentle breeze and low humidity. I have eaten fresh organic fruit and veggies, drank excellent wine and eaten like a race horse. Today we are going to calistoga and surrounding area. The filming of Hitchcock's The Birds was filmed down the road. The school building still stands. That movie still has an affect on me. When I see a group of ravens or sea gulls, I get a bit creeped. Color us "tourists".


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Warm PuppyWarm Puppy
Warm Puppy

In snack bar of ice rink
Schultz's OfficeSchultz's Office
Schultz's Office

Reconstructed as it was when he retired the strip.


Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0702s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb