San Fransisco at last!


Advertisement
Published: July 31st 2015
Edit Blog Post

We slept so well last night and took a really leisurely start to the day. Once we found Becky a Starbucks we drove the couple of hours to Sausalito. The traffic in California seems so much worse that anywhere in the states I've been before (except New York) it took us a long time to get there but just by an absolute fluke we managed to park instantly and right in the centre too! We walked a little way and found a restaurant / café overlooking the bay. The view was utterly gorgeous and it was warm and just so beautiful!
After lunch and whilst we were on the other side of the Golden Gate Bridge, we drove up to the Marin Headlands to get the best views of the city. Whilst we were up there we took load of pictures including a cheeky selfie with #leanin15 for Joe Wicks to post on his page. Around 4:30pm we set off to get to our accommodation in San Fransisco. We arrived at our VRBO, 4 miles away, nearly two hours later. But we spent most of the time stuck on the Golden Gate Bridge so we felt like we had really seen that landmark!! The place we were staying was a little unusual as it was a self contained flat behind the garage of a house. Becky was not impressed and had a little wobble about the location! Once I convinced her it was ok, we headed out to find something to eat. After a little walk we found a little place called side bar. Becky looked like she needed a drink, so we nipped in for one quick, pre-dinner cider. We left about 3 hours later having been given shots and loads of wonderful tips about the city. We made four new friends who were genuinely so kind and nice that we were both put totally at ease about where we were staying and we got great tips for what to do for our time in SF. We also got moderately drunk and totally missed our evening meal! All in all an excellent evening! Tomorrow we are heading to Alcatraz on the 10am ferry... Plenty of water to fend of the inevitable hangover I think - no time for hangovers in tourist mode!!

Advertisement



13th August 2015

Ha!
'Becky had a little wobble'. Becky FREAKED OUT.

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0724s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1010.8kb