I left my heart in San Fran Cisco


Advertisement
Published: August 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Nic and her Clam ChowderNic and her Clam ChowderNic and her Clam Chowder

MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyuk
Hi Everybody!!!
We have just spent a fabulous few days in the not so hetrosexual San Francisco. We diecided as the trip is coming to an end, that we would go all out and upgrade our hotel, so we stayed in the terribly English King George Hotel in Union Square. This was a great idea, we totally lowered the tone of the hotel with our rucksacks and unwashed clothes! but nomatter we had a great time. The room was so posh they even gave us a complimentry jar of sweets! Nic was so excited she jumped up and down on the bed for a good half hour, until she realised that jumping up and down after half a jar of sweets is not a good idea! See what i mean abotu lowering the tone!
We spent most of our time walking and (window)shopping around Union square, in the centre of San Francisco. There is a lot of Fabulous shops in Union Sq, unfortunatly the prices wont really that fabulous, so we just imagined what it would be like to purchase these items. Union Square was also great fabulous for people watching, but a certian kind of people spotting! I dont think i have ever seen so many good looking and immaculatly groomed men in one city in my life! We went into "Macys" for Nic to purchase a some fabulous makeup and were witness to a grown man having his eyebrows waxed! its not really the sort of thing that you see everyday in Moneymore!
Another popular part of San Francisco is Peir 39, this is as te name suggests a Pier. This peir however, is packed ful of amusments and resturants and other touristy/entertaiment, we had a good time walking around here and once again people watching. At the end of the Pier is the world famous Alcatraz prison. We only got to see this from a distance as all tickets were sold out until next weekend! but to be fair after that stint in the Bangkok prison i dont really want to step foot in another prison for a long time..... only kidding! San Francisco is also famous of Clam Chowder, so of course we had to try some, and i can honestly say that it wasnt that fabulous! im quite sure that San Francsico has much better experiences than its Clam Chowder!
No visit to San Francisco is complete without out a trip to see the Golden Gate bridge. This was a really nice thing to do and we got all the obligatory photographs and learnt all the history. Nic even bought some fabulous popcorn which we both agreed where totally fabuolus!
Thats about all folks, we are going to Orlando next. M I C ...K E Y.... MOUSE mickey mouse MICKEY MOUSE mickey mouse MICKEY MOUSE mickey mouse......






Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb