SAN FRANCISCO 09/08/10 - 11/08/10


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
September 5th 2010
Published: October 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

09/08/10

We arrived in San Francisco in the early afternoon. After checking in to our hotel we caught the tram to Fishermans Wharf and Pier 39. We planned to book our tickets to Alcatraz but it was booked out to the following week. We wondered around the wharf and checked out Bubba Gumps Shrimp Co but had our dinner at the Seafood Market.

Back at our hotel the floor was on such a significant slant we had to change which end of the bed we slept.

10/08/10

Today we walked through the city to the Painted Ladies which are basically five typical San Francisco style homes in a row that are nicely painted. I think they might feature at the start of Full House. From here we walked to the Golden Gate Park and checked out the Academy of Natural Science building. Inside there was a massive rainforest with a massive aquarium below. Within the park we also saw a lake and a massive old glasshouse.

From the park we caught a bus back to Union Square and checked out the Westfield Shopping Centre and the main street with its historic trams.

11/08/10

This morning we drove to Lombard Street (worlds most crooked street) they put lots of corners in it because they thought it was too steep. Then we drove to the Golden Gate Bridge which we walked a little way across. The bridge was very big and very red.

From here we drove 4-5hrs to Yosemite National Park.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.202s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb