Fake Tales Of San Francisco


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
November 10th 2009
Published: November 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We landed in san francisco late on friday evening and straight away got a good vibe from the place, it was totally different from new york, a lot more laid back and apart from the vast amounts of beggers, of which we encountered about 10 walking 3 blocks to our hostels, we found the place pretty sweet! We checked into our room, which thankfully was a lot bigger than new york, and got some much needed sleep.

The next day we had a stroll around the city, walked through chinatown and up to pier 39 where san franciscos smelliest residents hang out...the sea lions! They drew quite a crowd and we stayed for about 20mins watching them fight for the best place in the sun. We then went over to Lombard Street which is the most crooked street in the world! By this time we were already gettin knarked off at the amount of hills in san fran so decided to be lazy and we took and old fashioned cable car back to union square and our hostel.

On sunday we went to see an nfl game, it was crazy! We walked up to the stadium and saw our first ever tailgate party. Rows and rows of cars were parked up, equipped with bbq's, fridges and tv's getting the atmosphere going for the big game! We bought some tickets off a tout, and after some reasonably succesful haggling, made our way to the game. The 49ers eventually lost 34-20 but ryan didnt seem to mind too much, he was more than happy dribbling at the sight of 20 cheerleaders through his binoculars.

On Monday we caught a ferry to alcatraz and went on an audio tour, it was pretty interesting and after a look around, we caught the ferry back and got on our bikes we rented for the day and set off for the golden gate bridge! The ride took us around 3/4 hours there and back (half of this was waiting on ryan) and was probably the best part of san francisco, we managed to ride accross it and get some pretty good snaps! We then headed back to the hostel to nurse our sore legs and had a few well deserved beers.

Just about to go to the airport on the way to fiji, so will speak to you all again soon!






Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



11th November 2009

:-)
I like yu rblog lol. its cool to hear a bit more about what you are doing, it all sounds pretty fun!! Im glad you're enjoying yourselves and hope your having a safe trip to Fiji! Please dont kill eachother yet either!! Lots of love. xx

Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb