New York City


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
November 1st 2009
Published: November 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So, after a 8 hour flight and several glasses of red wine, we landed in NYC exhausted, jet lagged and evenutally lost! We found our hostel around 10pm and checked into the smallest 6 man room possible, it felt like i was sleeping with these people as opposed next to them!

The next day we got up, had breakfast in times square and went to collect our new york passes. These turned out to be excellent value and basically gives you free entry to the top 50 attractions in new york. We managed to fit in the empire state building, rockafeller centre, statue of liberty and ellis island, madame tussauds, intrepid sea air and space museum and also had a 3 hour cruise around manhatten. Over the next few days we also managed to check out central park, watch a knicks game at the garden, wall street, the world trade centre site, and perhaps most importantly...found our first hooters! Man were their wings good!

We were also in town when the world series of baseball was on and by chance, the new york yankees were one game away from winning it. So we checked out a game at the espn sports bar in times square, despite initially being outraged at the price of a beer (ten dollars), it was actually a good night and although the yankees lost, they won the series two days later and new york errupted!

We left on friday for san francisco and thanks to my above average height and cheeky comments to the check in desk, scored a free upgrade to the bigger leg room and reclining seats of business class!







Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



29th November 2009

Howdy James
Hi James, your dad sent me your blog details. Sounds like you're having a great time !! Enjoy, John and Barbara

Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0766s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb