San Francisco - NFL Game (Candlestick Stadium)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
October 26th 2008
Published: October 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Candlestick stadiumCandlestick stadiumCandlestick stadium

Before kick-off
By default, Ollie enjoyed the complimentary breakfast-for-1 again!

We were all very excited today as Dale had booked some tickets for the San Francisco 49ers against the Seatle Seahawks NFL game. We thought that parking the car may be quite a hassle so we decided to take the public bus instead. We had no idea which bus to take or whether it went anywhere near the stadium but we patiently waited at the bus stop. After 20 minutes, we gave up and took the car instead. The stadium was relatively close to our hotel and parking was much easier than we expected, however it did cost us $25. Walking to the stadium, we were shocked at how prepared the fans were. As we crossed the numerous parking lots, we were surrounded by masses of people, all enjoying beers, barbecues and the pre-game atmosphere. Some people had tents set up and we even spotted a few TV's set up in the back of cars as we walked passed.

Unprepared and wanting to see the warm-up, we found our seats about an hour before kick-off. This proved to be a good decision since we also got to see the San Francisco Gold Rush (the 49ers cheerleading team!). The game went by a lot faster than we had imagined and we watched the 49ers get thrashed 34-13. It was not the best game we had ever seen but the whole experience and great atmosphere created within the stadium made for a worthwhile day. Unfortunately, there was a huge queue to get out of the car park at the end but Dale patiently waited and in the end it didn't take us too long to get home!

In the evening we stuffed our faces with take-away pizza and enjoyed some beers whilst playing some 'friendly' games of poker.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.119s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb