A Fruit Company and a Search Job (or is it Job Search?)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Francisco
December 22nd 2005
Published: December 23rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Andrews HotelAndrews HotelAndrews Hotel

Our Home in San Francisco
Our day began with Eddie the Filipino breakfast man. After coming to the discouraging realization that breakfast hour was not forthcoming on our floor, the Boy and the Girl ventured to higher levels in search of coffee and OJ. Fortunately, we came across Eddie. Little did we know that a simple request for caffeine would result in a tray overflowing with oversized scones, two variations of croissants, danishes, butter, juice, bananas... etc.

Well-fed and well-rested, we ventured southbound on I-101 towards the Tech-Mecca - Silicon Valley! To quote the kid in The Incredibles, "It was totally WICKED!!" Our first stop - "The Mothership" a.k.a. Apple Headquarters on 1 Infinite Loop in Cupertino. (Programmers can feel free to chuckle now.) Our charm didn't get us past the receptionist, however the trip was not altogether "fruitless" - after browsing (i.e. drooling) around The Company Store, we snagged a t-shirt and played with some spectacular toys! We both agree that the general Cupertino area is a bit too "vanilla" for us, but we're not counting Apple out just yet!

Next stop: Google. Mountain View is only a couple of miles away from Cupertino, but the feel is completely different. Bike paths and
The Boy @ Apple!The Boy @ Apple!The Boy @ Apple!

Allen visits 1 Infinite Loop
happy faces decorate the streets. Even the rain seemed to smile as we walked onto the Google campus. Cecilia at the visitor center highlighted the cool real time display projected onto a glass panel above the reception area, showing searches being made on Google by users around the world. Again, WICKED!!

The rest of our day consisted of an unexpected trip to IKEA, a visit to the biggest Bed, Bath N Beyond that we've ever seen (when we asked for linens, the dude told us that it was three quarters of a city block down the hall!) , and unfortunately, two hours in Bay Area rush hour traffic. We rounded off our evening with a delicious dinner at the Thai Stick. Now, we are more than ready to crash and dream with iPods, Google Earth, IKEA cabinets, and tomorrow morning's breakfast!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb